What is Miatas in Boone all about?
Simply put, the main focus of this event is on the driver. MIB aims to make a distinctive mark in the Miata community by bringing together folks that love to drive with the twisty mountain roads of Boone, North Carolina and surrounding areas. We want to bring you in to a special community, share local knowledge, and hope you can enjoy what we have come to love about this place. We’re a tight-knit community of enthusiasts; brothers and sisters with one hand on the wheel and the other rowing the gears. We love being on the back roads, in the mountains, and riding the curves.
Our goal is not to cater to all. We do not gather for show-n-shines, group photos, or parades. Other regional events exist for those purposes and we want to stand out in our own special way. MIB is purely about bringing driving enthusiasts together; the good times are yours to have as you see fit.
As an event focused around the Boone, NC area we are able to take advantage of some great deals from local motels.
Highland Hills will offer a 10% discount for a three (3) consecutive night stay during the event weekend (September 22 – 25). You need to mention you are with the Miatas in Boone group. They offer a variety of lodging options (motel rooms, cabins, etc). Book by calling 828-264-2277 or 800-948-5276. Their website is www.highlandhillscabins.com
Super 8 is offering rates of $55 on weeknights (Sun-Thur) and $79 for weekends (Fri-Sat), with a 20% discount for four (4) consecutive nights. Rates do not include tax. Mention Miatas in Boone when making your reservation. Book by calling 828-264-4133 or 800-823-6159.
Boone, NC is a vibrant community home to many great restaurants, attractions, and a downtown area surrounding Appalachian State University. Check out some of the local hotel options or visit us on Facebook to get recommendations from those who have stayed locally in previous years.
All maps and route suggestions below adopted from 7thSon’s Miata.net post entitled “The Road List“.
1. NC 80 – Marion, NC to Loafers Glory, NC (The Devil’s Whip and beyond)
2. NC 226A – Marion, NC to Little Switzerland, NC
3. NC 197 – Erwin, TN to Pensacola, NC (and on to the end of the pavement)
4. Double Island Road – Micaville, NC to NC 197
5. Hanging Rock Road – Spruce Pine, NC
6. Crabtree Road – Little Switzerland, NC to Micaville, NC
7. Bear Wallow Road/Seven Mile Ridge – Little Switzerland, NC to South Toe
8. 19E – Spruce Pine, NC to Elk Park, TN
9. 19W – Micaville to Erwin, TN-ish
10. NC 126/South Mountains Institute/Lake James Road – Morganton, NC to Marion, NC
11. NC 181 – Morganton, NC to Pineola, NC
12. NC 90/Brown Mountain Beach Road – Lenoir, NC to Steele Creek
13. NC 268 – Lenoir, NC to Wilkesboro, NC
14. Champion Road/Lewis Fork Road – Ferguson, NC to US 421
15. Parsonville Road/Summit Road/Falls Road – Wilkesboro, NC to Boone, NC
16. Boomer Road/Russell Gap Road – Boomer, NC to Taylorsville, NC
17. Sulphur Springs Road/Brushy Mountain Road – Hiddenite, NC to Wilkesboro, NC
18. Bat Cave Road – Old Fort, NC to Bat Cave, NC
19. NC 9 – Bat Cave, NC to Black Mountain, NC
20. NC 74 – Bat Cave, NC to Asheville, NC
21. NC 151 – Asheville, NC to Blue Ridge Parkway
22. NC 276 – Brevard, NC to Waynesville, NC
23. NC 215 – Rosman, NC to Canton, NC
24. NC 28 – Highlands, NC to Fontana Dam, NC